When friends have children


When your friends start having children, it can feel like you've been abandoned.  I thought this was an interesting article from a mother who talks about the importance of staying close to friends who don't have children.  This came out of her own experience.

'Pre-baby, I didn't think much about there being a great baby divide between women. As my friends slowly started to have children, I realized that I didn't see them as much as before, but I didn't worry too much about our friendships changing until I was the only childless one present at a friend's child's birthday party one year. While everyone talked baby this and baby that around me, I felt completely left out of the conversation. I cared about their kids, but I had nothing to contribute.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mommy-nearest-/how-to-stay-close-with-friends-who-dont-have-kids_b_6678426.html

Comments

Popular Posts