Ambivalent about having a baby?

Many women who come to me for coaching are ambivalent about having a baby. In this article,   talks about her experience of having deep ambivalence around the baby decision.

'Do you want children?”.... If you’re in a settled relationship and are moderately solvent, people only really understand one of two answers: yes or no. Even “I don’t know” is usually translated as either, “You should get on with it, then,” or, “That means you don’t want them”. Actually, the truthful response to this all-pervading question is less concrete. If I were being honest, my real answer would be: “I don’t mind” – which appears to be incomprehensible in our mummy-obsessed world. '

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/10757649/To-breed-or-not-to-breed-One-womans-ambivalence-about-having-children.html

Comments

Popular Posts